- Data in OMERO can be annotated so that comments and descriptions can be added to images
- In OMERO images can be panned or zoomed, viewed in 3D, and a variety of other ways to allow for maximum accessibility
- OMERO also has improved searching by name or other text associated with the data in all fields to make data easy to find for anyone using the system
- HP Records Manager is designed to work with existing ILS providing easy access to historical collections and archives
- Both systems are highly interoperable and support data migrations with ease
- A two system approach is more sustainable.
- If the needs of researchers change we have the ability to switch out just OMERO increasing the overall sustainability
- HP just merged with Autonomy and merged several data management functions into one robust system indicating that this product should be supported for many years